Thursday, October 11, 2007

More skin than you can shake a... errrr... stick at

Welcome to Postmodern Accident. Now Rated R. No children under 17 will be permitted without parent or guardian, but if they bring their fathers donning only body paint, I might make an exception.

GIRLS ON FILM... errrr, no... GIRLS IN PRINT

I had the pleasure on Friday night to be invited to the launch party for a new book that we distribute, Mr. Skin's Skintastic Video Guide. This is one man's life project, documenting all the T&A there is to be seen in the wide world of mainstream film. In other words, if Charlize Theron has borne a breast in her young life, it's in here. And I'm lucky enough to be a "special sales" person, which means I get to sell books to Playboy. Thus, I was one of only 10 people or so fortunate enough to make the guest list at the company. I took good ol' Cici with me.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
These girls aren't wearing very much. Frantically, I looked around for men wearing painted-on bikini bottoms, but alas, I saw none. This is a great book, but I think it is a SEXIST book and it was a SEXIST party, clearly discriminating against naked men. More rights for naked men! (There's got to be a club for this. Robbie will be president.)

LIPSTICK CHERRY ALL OVER THE LENS AS SHE'S... errrr... PEEKING

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Lookit! It's a masquerade party! And my wonky eyes make this last picture even better!

IN EXPLOITATION'S NAME WE MUST BE WORKING FOR THE... errrr... BOOK TRADE

The party took place at Level, a two-floor club in the Gold Coast. Cool club, but come on, they were playing the worst music I have ever heard. Mostly lame booty-call top 40 pop crap, but not even brand-name pop crap like Timbaland and Kanye. I deemed one song in particular as the Worst Song I Have Ever Heard, and I truly mean that, and I wish to hell I knew what it was, because when you come up with a superlative as definitive as this, it needs to be remembered. Sigh.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
But before we tried to hit the dance floor despite the awful tunage, we hung out at our VIP table. This is Cici with the publicity girls, Jen and Elisabeth.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
And I was psyched to see John and Kathleen at the club, as they weren't originally going to go. Thanks to the Mr. Skin people for these pictures, and for the good time.

"OH MY GOD - WHAT'S THIS??"

Cici and I were glad to cleanse our musical palate by heading out to Darkroom, where Life During Wartime were spinning, though it was admittedly a mixed blessing. The best moment for me was also the worst moment... These kids take pride in their mixing, and yet they ruined a stomping good Blur song ("Girls and Boys") by suddenly transitioning into... wait for it... a 12" remix of "Sussudio" by Phil Collins. AUUGGGHH. From Skintastic to Craptastic in seconds. Fucking ironic hipster hell!

"Ah, I've just got to have her, have her now
I've got to get closer but I don't know how
She makes me nervous and makes me scared
But I feel so good if I just say the word..."

No comments: